Food contact materials and articles are objects and materials that are intended to come into contact with food. These can be knives or conveyor belts in production, as well as packaging materials made of plastic, paper or composite materials.
An essential criterion for product safety is that ingredients or particles of the contact materials do not migrate into the food, or at most in quantities that are not harmful to health (migration). Legally defined limits and orientation values for consumer health protection must be observed. We have analytical approaches to determine different sources of contamination with their typical parameters.
Learn more about our service portfolio for the analysis of packaging materials.
- Plastic identification and migration
- MOSH/MOAH Analytics
- Migration of mineral oils from packaging materials such as paper and cardboard into food or feedstuffs
- Migration of plasticizers from packaging materials, especially phthalates
- Microbiological testing
- Analysis of microbiological contamination, due to the use of food contact materials/consumables.
- Sensory analytics
- Sensory testing, of consumer goods as well as test foodstuffs after contact with consumer goods under defined conditions