Accreditations and authorisations
DIN EN ISO/IEC 17025:2005
The Institut Kirchhoff Berlin GmbH has been accredited to DIN EN ISO/IEC 17025 since 1993, and notified to European Regulation (EC) 882/2004 since 2000. The Institut Kirchhoff Berlin is accredited to DIN EN ISO/IEC 17025:2005 standards to carry out inspections in the following areas:
- Sensory, physical, physical/chemical and chemical inspection of foodstuffs, animal feed, cosmetics, food utensils, mineral and bottled water;
- Inspections in accordance with the Drinking Water Ordinance, with the exception of radiological parameters, sampling untreated and drinking water;
- Microbiological inspection of foodstuffs, animal feed, cosmetics, food utensils, mineral and bottled water, as well as air conditioning systems;
- Molecular biological examinations of foodstuffs and animal feed;
- Sampling foodstuffs, animal feed, semi-finished goods and raw food materials;
- Physical, physical/chemical, chemical and microbiological inspections of water and waste water as well as swimming and bathing pool water;
- Hygiene-related technological examinations of equipment used in food processing to check antimicrobrial effectiveness and surface contamination, as well as examinations of air hygiene;
- Selected quick tests to test water with ready to use reagents;
- Sampling water, waste water and swimming and bathing pool water.
The accreditation certificates, as well as accredited inspection procedures, can be found in the download area.
DIN EN ISO/IEC 17020:2012
Since 2012, our inspection work has been accredited to DIN EN ISO/IEC 17020. All requirements of an inspection centre of type A have been met. As well as maintenance of quality standards, this also means that the inspection centre’s staff undertake their advisory duties without having any influence on their independent, expert judgement, that is to say, no inspections of samples are carried out if the independent decision made in the assessment has been influenced by prior advice.
The Institut Kirchhoff Berlin GmbH, as an inspection centre of type A, is accredited to DIN EN ISO/IEC 17020:2012 standards to carry out inspections in the following areas:
- Hygiene and allergen inspections, including sampling and labelling inspection in food retail and wholesale, industrial kitchens, gastronomy, in catering businesses as well as in production facilities for foodstuffs, as well as determining whether they comply with certain requirements;
- Inspections of packaged, pre-packaged and loose foodstuffs and pet food, including inspection of labelling and determining whether they comply with certain requirements, as well as determining if, on the basis of expert opinion, they comply with general requirements and risk assessments.
The accredited inspections can be found in the appendix in the download area.
Accreditations and authorisations
Chamber of Industry and Commerce expert
Dr Kirchhoff and Jeannette Schwab are publicly appointed court-certified experts for chemical analysis and assessment of foodstuffs, tobacco products, cosmetics and utensils by the Berlin Chamber of Industry and Commerce.
Authorisation according to section 44 of the Infection Protection Law
Ever since 1991, the Institut Kirchhoff Berlin GmbH has been authorised to carry out tests with pathogens capable of reproduction and also to cultivate pathogens.
There are currently six private experts working at the Institut Kirchhoff Berlin, who examine samples left by governmental bodies (in all German federal states) in accordance with section 43 of the LFGB (Code on Use of Food, Commodities and Animal Feed).
Technical expert for food chemistry and food microbiology for the German Accreditation Agency (DAkkS)
Drinking Water Ordinance
Authorisation to section 15(4) of the TrinkwV (Drinking Water Ordinance) 2001
Infection Protection Law
Licensed according to section 44 of the Infection Protection Law
Biological Substances Directive
Licensed according to section 16 of the Biological Substances Directive