As an independent, neutral laboratory service provider, the Institut Kirchhoff Berlin GmbH regularly carries out quality control assessments of August Storck KG’s Knoppers range of products. These inspections go beyond the scope of the legal requirements that food manufacturers must fulfil.
Since 1996, the high quality of the Knoppers products manufactured by August Storck KG has been confirmed by our seal.
The Institut Kirchhoff Berlin GmbH undertakes a sensory, microbiological and chemical analysis inspection of the products and ingredients, which is independent of and in addition to the quality controls undertaken by August Storck KG.
The following all form part of the current regular inspections:
- Examination of the end product’s nutritional values and composition (QUID)
- Examination of microbiological parameters in the end product
- Sensory evaluation of appearance, odour, taste, texture and consistency
- Examination of whether the manufacturer’s own specifications were adhered to, and whether nutritional labelling is correct
- Inspection of raw ingredients and finished products for contaminants and residues